Title on the portrait bust of Robert Brough by Francis Derwent Wood, R.A. (1871-1926). Bronze, inches. Private Collection, Providence, Rhode Island, USA. Signed "F. Derwent Wood 1904." Brough, a friend of Wood and John Singer Sargeant, was a young painter killed in a railroad accident. After his death, Sargeant finished his canvases to help his mistress and child financially.
Photograph and text by George P. Landow. [You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL.]
- View from left and three-quarter view from right side
- Title (inscribed in bronze)
- Signature and date (inscribed in bronze)
- Rotatable image (QuicktimeVR)
- Another cast (National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh)
Last modified 10 December 2005