Tower Subway under the Thames (1870s)
Rotherhithe to Wappings Tunnel (1836)
- View of the western archway of the Tunnel, lighted by gas
- Plan of the Tunnel with reference to the main roads and objects on the eastern part of London.
- [Caisson] Construction of the vertical working shaft
- The tunneling process
- Workmen in the iron shield
- A side view of the tunneling
- Advertisement for the Thames Rotherhithe-Wapping Tunnel
Bentley, Nicholas. The Victorian Scene: 1837-1901. London: Spring Books, 1971.
Thames Tunnel Company. An explanation of the works of the tunnel under the Thames from Rotherhithe to Wapping. London: 1836.
Last modified 18 February 2008