Click on thumbnails to obtain documentation, descriptions, and larger images, which take longer to download.
Tables by August Welby Northmore Pugin
Desks by C. R. Ashbee
Tables and shelves by various designers
Related Materials about Victorian Furniture
- Furniture that gave Victorian style a bad name
- One Reaction: Gothic Furntiture
- Art Furniture — Cabinets
- Art Furniture — Sofas and Chairs
- Art Furniture — Pianos
- Escritoires, Writing Cabinets, Writing Tables, and Desks
- The Portable Writing desk — the Victorian laptop
Gloag, John. Victorian Comfort: A Social History of Design, 1830-1900. A. C. Black, 1961. (Reprinted 1973 by David and Charles, Newton Abbot.)
The Fine Art Society Story. Part I. London: The Fine Art Society, 2001.
Wainwright, Clive. Introduction. Architect-Designers from Pugin to Mackintosh. Exhibition catalogue. London: The Fine Art Society with Haslam & Whiteway Ltd., 1981.
Last modified 13 June 2010