Die Bibel in Bildern, Plate 206. Click on image to enlarge it.. Artist: Julius Schnorr von Carolsfeld. Engraver: F. Obermann, inscribed lower right. Source:
And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him; Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded. [John 13: 2-5]
Christ’s parabolic acts
- Christ cleanses the Temple
- Christ and the Samaritan Woman
- Jesus casts out the devils
- The Miracle of the Loaves and Fishes
- Jesus holds the sinking Peter on the sea
- Jesus in the House of Martha
- The adulteress before Christ [Christ and the Woman taken in Adultery]
- Christ calls the little children to him
You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the Hathi Digital Trust Library and the Getty Library and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.
Die Bibel in Bildern [Picture Bible] von Julius Schnorr von Carolsfeld. Leipzig: Georg Wigands, 1860. Hathi Digital Trust Library online version of a copy in the Getty Library. Web. 30 June 2016.
Last modified 4 July 2016