Felix Darley's Illustrations
- Barnaby Rudge (1888)
- Hugh and Dolly Varden (1888)
- Old Rudge and John Willet (1888)
- "He rattles at the shutters," cried the man. "He calls you. . . ." (1865)
- "Come," said Joe putting out both his hands, "Dolly, dear Dolly. . . ." (1865)
- When she dropped the book she had been reading to him (1865)
Related Material Including Other Illustrators of the Novel
- Charles Dickens’s Barnaby Rudge (homepage)
- Cattermole's Seventeen Illustrations for Barnaby Rudge (13 Feb.-27 Nov. 1841)
- Phiz's Original Serial Illustrations for Barnaby Rudge (13 Feb.-27 Nov. 1841)
- Cattermole and Phiz: The First illustrators of Barnaby Rudge: A Team Effort by "The Clock Works" (1841)
- Sol Eytinge, Jr.'s Diamond Edition Illustrations for Barnaby Rudge (1867)
- Fred Barnard's 46 illustrations for the Household Edition of Dickens's Barnaby Rudge (1874)
- A. H. Buckland's 6 illustrations for the Collins' Clear-type Edition of Barnaby Rudge (1900)
- The Charles Dickens Library Edition Illustrations for Barnaby Rudge by Harry Furniss (1910).
Scanned images and text by Philip V. Allingham. Edited by George P. Landow. [You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the person who scanned the image and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.]
Darley, Felix Octavius Carr. Character Sketches from Dickens. Philadelphia: Porter and Coates, 1888.
Dickens, Charles. Barnaby Rudge in Master Humphrey's Clock. Illustrated by Phiz and George Cattermole. 3 vols. London: Chapman and Hall, 1841; rpt., Bradbury and Evans, 1849.
_______. Barnaby Rudge: A Tale of the Riots of 'Eighty. Frontispieces by F. O. C. Darley. Household Edition. 55 vols. New York: Sheldon and Co., 1865. 3 vols.
Created 30 November 2020