[All these engravings are based upon drawings by various artists based in turn on sketches by Captain R. N. Elliot, R.N. — George P. Landow]
Driven by the need to keep money coming in, both for her own and her mother's support, as well as the perennially needy Whittington, and more than likely having to contribute in whole or in part towards the three children and William Jerdan had fostered on to others to care for, Letitia E. Landon’s next book of poetry, The Zenana appeared in Fisher’s Drawing-Room Scrapbook of 1834. She had been given sixteen engravings on which to compose poetic responses on Indian themes, and she also included footnotes providing commentary on her story. — Susan Matoff
- Asar Mahal. — Beejapore
- The Palace of the Seven Stories,— Beejapore
- Sultan Mahomed Shah’s Tomb. — Beejapore
- Taj Bowlee. — Beejapore
- Mosque of Mustapha Khan. — Beejapore
- Tomb of Ibrahim Padshah. — Beejapore
- Old Ruins. — Delhi
- Tomb of Humaioon. — Delhi
- Cootus Minar, Delhi
- A Ruin on the banks of the Jumna, above the City of Delhi
- Skeleton Group in the Rameswur, Caves of Elora
- Front View of the Kylas, caves of Ellora
- Dus Awtar, Caves of Ellora
- Interior of Dhee Warra, Caves of Ellora
- Hurdwar, a Place of Hindoo Pilgrimage.
- The Fortress of Dowlutabad
- Puttypore Sicri
- Aurungzebe’s Tomb, Rozah
- Triad Figure, Interior of Elephanta
- Jerdair. — A Hill Village. — Curwall
- Perawa. — Malwa
- Shuhur. — Jeypore
- Akbar’s Tomb. — Secundra
- The Temple of the Juggernaut
- The Pass at Makundra
Blanchard, Laman. The Life and Literary Remains of L.E.L. London: Henry Colburn, 1841.
Dibert-Himes, Glenn T. “Introductory Essay to The Comprehensive Index and Bibliography to the Collected Works of Letitia Elizabeth Landon.” Ph.D. Dissertation. Ann Arbor, Michigan. UMI 1997.
Jerdan, William. Autobiography. 4 vols. London: Arthur Hall, Virtue & Co., 1852-53.
The Letters of Letitia Elizabeth Landon. Ed. F. J. Sypher, Delmar, New York: Scholars’ Facsimiles & Reprints, 2001.
Landon, L. E. Letitia Elizabeth Landon: Selected Writings. Ed. Jerome J. McGann and D. Reiss. Broadview Literary Texts, 1997.
Lawford, Cynthia. “The early life and London worlds of Letitia Elizabeth Landon., a poet performing in an age of sentiment and display.” Ph.D. dissertation, New York: City University, 2001.
McGann, J. and D. Reiss. Letitia Elizabeth Landon: Selected Writings. Broadview Literary Texts, 1997.
Matoff, Susan. Conflicted Life — William Jerdan (1782-1869). London Editor, Critic, & Author. Brighton: Sussex Academic Press, 2011. Victorian Web online version, 2020.
Pyle, Gerald. “The Literary Gazette under William Jerdan.” Ph. D. dissertation, Duke University, 1976.
Sypher, F. J. Letitia Elizabeth Landon, A Biography. Ann Arbor, Michigan: Scholars’ Facsimiles & Reprints, 2004, 2nd ed. 2009.
Last modified 21 July 2020