- "Right Praise and True Perfection": Edward Elgar and the English Imagination (Introduction)
- Elgar: From Autodidact to "Master of the King's Musick"
- An Elgar Chronology
- Works discussed in the Victorian Web
Elgar's Musical Contexts
- Music in the Era of Queen Victoria
- Pianistic Anglophilia: From County Derby to Coutless Dervishes
- Elgar and "The English Musical Renaissance"
- Elgar and the Victorian Spirit: Elgar, Parry, Somervell, and Smyth
- Elgar and the Salon
- Imperial Pomp and Pastoral Nostalgia: British Music for Brass and Strings
Elgar's Literary Relations
- Authors whose texts Elgar set to music
- Elgar and Shakespeare
- Elgar, Cardinal Newman, and The Dream of Gerontius
Elgar and the Visual Arts
Political and Social Themes and Contexts
Elgar and His World. Program for the Bard Music Festival. Anandale-on-Hudson: Bard College, 2007.
Elgar and His World. Ed. Byron Adams. Princeton: Princeton University Pres, 2007.
Reed, W H. Elgar as I knew him. Gollancz, 1936.
Young, Percy M. Alice Elgar: Enigma of a Victorian Lady. Dobson, 1978.
Young, Percy M (ed). A Future for English Music. Dobson, 1968.
Materials on Other Sites
- Peter Nicholson's "Sir Edward Elgar: Allegro Vivace e Nobilmente" (on 3 Quarks Daily, an Australan site)
Last modified 20 November 2012