Biographical and Critical Discussions
- Doyle as a Satirist and Parodist
- New Readings in the Art of Richard Doyle
- Doyle and the Conventions of Fairy Art
The Chimes by Charles Dickens (1843)
The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens (1843)
The Battle of Life by Charles Dickens (1843)
The Scouring of the White Horse by Thomas Hughes (1859)
- Title Page
- Frontispiece [The Great Battle of Ashdown in 871 AD]
- Decorative initial [Richard Easy and his Employer]
- The White Horse
- St. George and the Dragon
- Gathering at the White Horse Fair
- Chasing the Greased Pig
Ruskin's The King of the Golden River
- Cover and back of First Edition
- Title Page
- Half Title
- Decorative letters "IN" (Ch. I)
- Decorative letter "S" (Ch. II)
- Gluck and His Visitor
- Decorative initial "T" (Ch. III)
- Hans drinks from his flask
- Decorative initial "P" (Ch. IV)
- Schwartz climbed the steep rock path
- Decorative initial "W" (Ch. V)
- He went to the priest, and the priest gave him some holy wate
- Gluck revives the young child
- Schwartz and Hans drink while Gluck works
- Gluck looks out the window at Treasure Valley
- Jack the Giant Killer
- The Sleeping Beauty
- Rebecca and Rowena
- A Railway Station . . . Showynge ye Travellers Refreshyng Themselvess
- A Science and Art Conversazione
- Elves engaged upon the Restoration of Jacob Pout's Enchanted Doll
- The Foreign Tour of Brown, Jones and Robinson
- Dick Doyle Surrounded by Malevolent Fairies
- Front cover of Punch
Related Material, including other illustrators in the Doyle family
Cooke, Simon. 'A Forgotten Illustration by Richard Doyle.'Studies in Illustration, 26 (Spring 2004): 32-34.
Cooke, Simon. 'Notable Books: Richard Doyle's In Fairyland'. The Private Library, Fifth Series, 8:4 (Winter 2005): 153-171.
Engen, Rodney. Richard Doyle. Stroud: The Catalpa Press, 1983.
Hambourg, Daria. Richard Doyle. London: Art & Technics, 1948.
Maas, Jeremy. Victorian Painting. London: Barrie & Jenkins, 1978.
Muir, Percy. Victorian Illustrated Books. London: Batsford, 1971; revised ed., 1985.
The Brothers Dalziel, A Record of Work, 1840-1890 . Foreword by Graham Reynolds. 1901; reprinted London: Batsford, 1978.
Last modified 15 October 2013