- Val d'Aosta
- Rocks on the Foreshore
- The Stronghold of the Seison and the Camp of Kittywake
- Study for Chagford (a Moorland Scene)
- Glacier of Rosenlaui
- Florence from Bellosguardo
- Gordale Scar, Yorkshire
- The Moorland (Dewar-stone, Dartmoor)
- Mount Etna from Taormina, Sicily
- The Wetterhorn, Wellhorn, and Eiger, Canton of Berne, Switzerland
- Off the Coast, Guernsey
- The South Bishop Rock, Anticipations of a Wild Night
- St Catherine's Isle
- The Garrison Walk, St Mary's (Scilly Isles)
- The Lizard
- The Norman Archipelago
- Ceibwr Bay (Wales)
- Ynys Mon (Anglesey)
- Echoes of a Far-Off Storm
- Torbay, Devon
- The Brisons: A Coastal View (1880)
- The Brisons: A Coastal View (1882)
- The Rin Dip
- Icart Point, Guernsey
- A Rocky Coast
- Trevalyn Head
- Sunset off Lundy Island
- Newquay, Cornwall
- In the Channel Islands
- Land's End (1) (no image)
- Land's End (2) (no image)
Landscape with figure
Figures in a landscape
- The Art-Journal’s praise of Massa, Bay of Naples (1864)
- The Art-Journal hostile review of Brett’s A Morning Among Granite Boulders (1873)
Cordindly, David. ‘’ The stonebreaker’’ an examination of the landscape in a painting by John Brett, Burlington Magazine, March 1982.
Hickox, Mike. "John Brett and Christina Rosetti"
Hickox, Michael. "John Brett and Ruskin." Burlington Magazine, August 1996.
Hickox, Michael. "John Brett's The Stonebreaker." The Review of The Pre-Raphaelite Society, Spring 1995.
Hickox, Mike. "Science and Religion in the Pre-Raphaelite Work of John Brett"
Hickox, Michael, and Christiana Payne. "Sermons in Stones: John Brett's The Stonebreaker Reconsidered" in Ellen Harding (ed) The Pre-Raphaelites Reframed. Scolar Press, 1996.
Payne, Christiana, and Charles Brett. John Brett: Pre-Raphaelite Landscape Painter. London: Yale University Press, 2010.
Related Materials and Web Resources outside the Victorian Web
- Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery, which has 3 works by Brett, has created www.preraphaelites.org (or Pre-Raphaelite Online Resource), making their entire PRB collection available.
Last modified 13 June 2022